With car crashes being the leading killer of American teens from ages 15 – 21 a unique, intensive training will take place in Miami on June 1st, 2019 only to teach about physics and limits of what a car can do.
Car crashes are the leading killer of American teens from ages 15 – 21, with more than 5,000 teens involved in a fatal crash each year and an additional 196,000 injured.
Tire Rack Street Survival® is a 501c3 organization and is the largest active non-profit national driver education program that teaches teens the skills they need to stay alive behind the wheel. Unlike traditional driver’s education programs based on classroom theory and simple maneuvers, the Tire Rack Street Survival® program improves driver competence through hands-on experiences in real-world driving situations.
The Tire Rack Street Survival® class covers:
· A valuable classroom session.
· Hands-on, how to manage everyday driving hazards, obstacles and challenges in a controlled environment on an advanced driving course to ultimately “arrive alive.”
· Emergency braking and skid control, how to control proper braking, and how to avoid accidents entirely.
· In select schools, in addition to spending time in the driver’s seat of parked 18-wheeler to fully comprehend its massive blind spots, teenagers witness the violent detonation of an air bag, which reinforces proper hand placement on the steering wheel.
· Students are taught in their own cars, not specially prepared program vehicles, so the skills they learn can be directly translated to their daily driving experiences. Tire Rack Street Survival® challenges teenagers to understand how to control a vehicle, rather than just operate one.
See video below.
Saturday, June 1st, 2019; 7:30am – 4:00pm
Everglades Chapter BMW CCA
Miami Dade College, North Campus
11380 NW 27th Ave., Miami FL, 33167
Who can participate:
Licensed and permitted drivers ages 15 – 21
$95 per student
Note: some insurance companies offer premium discounts to graduates.
The program is in its 16th year, having trained over 25,000 new drivers in over 1,000 schools!
For the 9th year, Michelin North America is supporting the Street Survival program by providing funding for pavement rental for each school throughout the United States. That is no small task, given that this year the Tire Rack Street Survival schools plan to offer its training to teens all across the U.S.