Serious Auto accidents can leave scars and residual trauma for quite a long time. It is difficult to cope with both the physical and mental effects of the accident. Often the rehabilitation process is a journey through intense pain and excruciating physical therapy processes to regain normal range of motion.
Chronic pain can also lead to a growing dependence on painkillers. It can turn into an addiction quite fast. It can affect your ability to hold on to a profession or invest yourself in family.
For a steady recovery process, seek treatment at an expert rehabilitation facility providing advanced therapy. This should include counseling and intensive treatment sessions to help you adapt to better pain management.
Treatments to expect from high quality rehabilitation centers
The Center should have state of the art diagnostics and leading professionals heading each customized treatment plan.
Treatment should be provided for
- Seriously debilitating auto accident cases: This should include rigorous physical therapy and stamina development for better rehabilitation.
- Psychological trauma developing from major auto accidents: The center should provide trained counseling sessions after major accidents. The sessions can be continued alongside the physical recovery process to prevent patients from sliding in to depression due to pain and trauma.
- Chronic pain management and rehabilitation therapy for reversing painkiller addiction symptoms.
Auto accident scenarios that can lead to the development of chronic pain
- Major auto accident patients are often taken to the nearest medical establishments for immediate treatments. If you are not near any state of the art facilities, there are chances of mismanagement in your initial care or even using slightly outdated treatment options such as setting shattered joints with metal pins instead of titanium pedicle screws. Such medical judgments taken concerning treatment options can initiate restriction of movements, consistent pain and a longer recovery time.
- In complicated auto accident cases, without proper supervision, the recovery process might be delayed for patients. Many cases are also registered every year where vital details are missed during the race to save the life in major life saving surgeries. However, the smaller details such as an injury leading to abnormal bone growths in the middle ear, development of small cysts along the surgery line or mild injuries to vital organs can lead to various intense reactions. These could range from undulating waves of pain sensation to small discharges of pinching electric impulses along the surgical line that can be excruciatingly painful.
Dependence on pain medications in absence of proper diagnosis in these cases, can lead to addiction to pain meds. Expert rehabilitation centers offer non- opioid medications and opioid replacement with low intensity medications such as methadone and buprenorphine in close medical supervision within the facilities. Such high quality facilities also offer behavioral therapy to psychologically condition the brain through a more humane process of withdrawal and adaptation to a new pain management regime.