Each year many people suffer severe injuries that are caused due to an unfortunate event or accident at either a home or an office.
Before we jump into details, it is important to know about the concept of Product liability.
When an accident involving a product occurs it is usually due to not being aware of the manufacturing defects of a certain product which leads to the accident occurring. In simple words, this branch of law deals with any harm/injury/wound that is caused using a defective product.
In case a defective product has caused severe harm to you and your family, according to Florida law you are eligible to receive a financial compensation. The state of Florida has devised a particular set of rules and laws on the basis of which you are in safe hands in case of an unfortunate injury.
This article will provide you a step by step guide as to what actions you can take so that you can know what to do in case of an accident.
The Core Knowledge of a Product Liability Case
Below is a list of situations where you can file a product liability lawsuit.
- Injuries caused as a result of broken seatbelts
- Defective brakes
- Out of order steering wheels
- Motorbike (Faulty tires, broken chains or faulty petrol tank)
- Common Appliances used in Homes and Offices
- Medical Devices
- Pharmaceutical Medicines
- Tools and Toys
What to Remember:
Before you head to the court to claim about a faulty product, you need to prove the following:
- A solid proof of the fault that caused the injury. Here, it is important to note that you should be able to differentiate between whether it was a manufacturing fault or a design flaw.
- There was no ‘middle action’ involved that might have added in the seriousness of the injury.
- It was used just the way it was supposed to be used and by no means, it was applied to anything else.
- You were not made aware of the risks that came with possessing the product.
- The amount of money spent on hospital visits for physical therapy.
- It is important to not give away or throw that product even if you think it is malfunctioning or does not typically qualifies for a lawsuit. Instead, keep it in a safe place as the law requires you to. So, that when needed as evidence you are able to provide it in the exact form.
The Importance of Physical Therapy
The kind of accident mentioned above can lead a person towards the state of emotional and physical trauma. Not to mention the money that is being spent on the recovery process.
Someone who suffers from this kind of situation should not delay his physical therapy session; rather it becomes imperative to keep visiting the hospital till you are fully recovered.
Get in Contact with an Attorney
In a situation like this, you should call an attorney first hand and thoroughly inform/discuss your situation with them. The good news is that you will find many qualified firms in Florida. One of them is Geoffrey Pelosi and Kristen Pinto, a firm that has expertise in handling product liability lawsuit cases.
A Final Word
The reporting of an unfortunate event will enable a more transparent and solid manufacturing system and this will increase consumer trust in the conglomerates. The fact is, unfortunate events happen on a daily basis but this kind of process will ensure the construction of quality products with fewer defaults in the long run.